A well-designed canvas shopping bag must be the kind of eye-catching. Except the basic white canvas bag, there are green canvas bag, pink canvas tote bag, red canvas bag, yellow canvas tote bag and brown canvas bags. Bags are designed with good-looking patterns and pleasant colors. The overall color not only adds value to the product, but also changes the mood of consumers. If consumers would like to carry it on different occasions, it will be more conducive to business promotion, and thus increase brand awareness. So how to design the color of the bag? It starts from what’s the color.
What’s the Color?
1. Cold and warm feeling of color
We know that red, orange and yellow are warm colors, they remind people of the sun, or fire. Blue, green and purple are cold colors, they are the colors of the ice, snow, ocean, spring and so on, which make people feel cool. Additionally, the addition of white in general tends to be cold, while the addition of black tends to be warm. Cold color is often used in beverage packaging and warm color is used in liquor packaging.
2. Tone of color
Color temperature indicates the tone of a certain color. It may be warm-yellow or cool-blue. The three colors of red, pink and green are considered to be both warm and cool colors.
3. Lightness of color
The lightness of the color is mainly determined by the brightness of the color. It is a measure of the lightness and darkness of the color. The scale is of 0 to 10. Black is 0, white is 10, and all shades of gray vary between 0-10.
Higher lightness light color and colder color feel lighter, with the lightest white; lower lightness dark color and warmer color feel heavier, with the heaviest black. The color with the same brightness and high purity feels lighter, while the cold color is lighter than the warm color.
4. Interval of colors
Some of the colors on the same plane make people feel prominent or close, others make people feel recessive or far away. The sense of progress and retreat depends mainly on brightness and hue, generally warm color is near, cold color is far; bright color is near, dark color is far; pure color is near, gray is far; bright color is near, ambiguous color is far; close than intense color, far than weak color. Bright and clear warm colors help to highlight the theme; vague and dull cold colors can foil the theme.
5. Chromaticity of color
The Chromaticity of color shows how vivid the color is. Bright, active colors will reflect light, then dim colors will absorb light. The type of fabric also determines whether it reflects or absorbs light. Silk is generally reflective, while wool products absorb light.
What’s the basic rules of color matching?
1. Complementary colors: Refers to colors with an angle of 180 ° on the color circle, such as the three sets of complementary colors we often see: red and green, blue and orange, yellow and purple. Complementary colors can form a sharp contrast, and sometimes can receive significant results.
2. Approximate colors: The adjacent color on the color circle, the angle range on the color ring is generally within 60 °. The red matches orange or purple, yellow matches grass green or orange yellow. The effect is soft.
3. Similar colors: The colors on the color ring are within 30 °. Similar colors belong to approximate colors. For example, lemon yellow and medium yellow are similar colors. They are different in shades and brightness. It looks soft and elegant when similar colors matching together.
4. Warm and cool colors: The approximate colors include warm colors (red, orange, yellow) and cool colors (green, blue, purple). Designers like to use 2 or 3 related colors to build the theme, and choose 2 warm colors and 1 cool color or 2 cold and 1 warm colors to create dynamic harmony.
5. Middle color: Grey is the middle color of black and white, these low-key colors are not flamboyant, but very classic.
6. Seasonal color: a certain color is particularly suitable for a certain season. For example, green is for spring, blue is for summer, rust, brown, and wine red are for autumn.
How does color psychology affect color selection?
Do the colors of a canvas shopping bag make us choose one brand over another? It is yes. Color psychology tell us how color affects our day to day decisions. The reason why you prefer certain colors is in fact a summary of a variety of information, which generally includes a variety of common sense accumulated from past life experience. For example, people who are optimistic and positive will choose bright colors, or prudent people will choose black, blue or dark brown canvas shopping bags.
1. White color means simple, pure, and joyful. The color of white is inviolable. If you mix other colors in the white color, then change its temperament.
A. small amount of red is mixed into the white color, and it becomes a light pink, which is tender and full of charm.
B. small amount of green is mixed into the white color, giving a childish, gentle feeling.
2. Red color means warm, strong and extroverted. The red is easy to attract people’s attention, and it is also easy to make people excited, anxious, and leads people to feel tired.
A. Small amount of yellow in red will cause disturbing.
B. Small amount of blue in red, which weakens its heat and tends to be calm and gentle.
C. Small amount of white in red will make it gentle, tending to be reserved, embarrassed, and tender.
3. Yellow color means indifferent, keenness, and a sense of enlargement and restlessness. The yellow is the most delicate of all colors. As long as a small amount of other colors are mixed in pure yellow, their hue and color properties will change to a large extent.
A. Small amount of blue in yellow, which will turn it into a fresh green color, which brings a calm, humid feeling.
B. Small amount of red in yellow, which will turn it into orange. Which brings a sense of attentiveness and warmth.
4. Blue color means cold and introverted, and the temperament is simple, introverted, and quietly. Blue is still a color that seems to maintain a strong personality after fading.
If you mix a small amount of red, yellow, black, orange, white and other colors in blue, they will not impact blue temperament.
5. Green color is a color with two components of yellow and blue. Green neutralizes yellow expansion and blue contraction, and eliminates the warmth of yellow and the coolness of blue. Green color is calm and secure. It is a gentle, comfortable, decorative and beautiful color.
A. The yellow component is strong, and its temperament tends to be lively, friendly, and naive.
B. Small amount of white in the green color, which tends to be clean, refreshing, and tender.
6. The brightness of purple is the lowest among the colors. The low brightness of purple gives people a dull, unpredictable feeling.
Mixing white in purple can fade the dull temperament, which becomes elegant, delicate, and full of female appeal.
The color design of canvas shopping bag is a strong element in changing the mood of consumers. The suitable color design can fill business goals better than others.